Sunday, April 15, 2018

File Sharing #SCSUCOM135

Copyright and creative commons go hand in hand, except with creative commons the public has more flexibility when it comes to using someone's work, depending on the license the artist has which determines the way the public can use their work. I feel that copyright is good to have because it puts a restriction on how an artist’s work can be used. Although they artist is making music or art they are putting it out for the public to use as long as they purchase it. This is when piracy takes place and instead of gaining royalties from the artists work they receive nothing and may even lose money. I feel that, from the Ted Talk with Andrea Palmer, she was able to become so successful in the music industry because she had made her music fee to the public and had asked for their help by donating money so she can continue her music career. The public is not a big fan of being told to do something but they rather be asked for help and they will most likely comply and support. Under the creative common law being able to re-purpose the work should be allowed because the artists is putting the work out to the public they aren’t keeping it private and if they didn’t want the public to us their work for re-purposing then they can change the way that the public can get hold of their work. I feel that if more artists start making their work more readily available for the public then the freedom of expression will start to become overwhelming and too many people will start to piggyback off of the creators work and not think of their own way of expression. If I was an artists that lets the public use my work, just like Andrea Palmer, I would ask the public to help me in order for them use my work. I would also hope that the people that use my work do not use it to talk bad about me or anyone. I want to have my wok be used for good and not bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment